Sunday, December 14, 2008

Go Out on a Good Note

Finished my 26th race of 2008 with the I-64 TT today. Don't know my official finishing place yet, but I do know that I ran it in just over 20 minutes and averaged just under 24mph. Considering there was some considerable climbing (for a TT) in that short distance as well as gusting winds, I'm pleased with my effort more than ready to drop the curtain on this season.

The new bike was very fast (more than I can say for the pilot's legs) and it really responds well when the pace quickens. I'm looking forward to making some tweaks in the off-season and getting the bike ready for quite a few TT's this next year.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dude you smoked that race on a bike you'd ridden just one time before. Yeah, I'd say you finished on a high note. Just imagine what you'll do when you're comfortable* on it.

* Comfort, in a relative sense. It's a TT bike after all.

Airmen said...

I didn't get to see you in motion on your new ride, but I did hear you give me a holler of encouragement! My eyes were a bit blurred due to how sick I was feeling. Fun ride though. I know you can't wait to get it all the way dialed in for next year.

Anonymous said...

You are all nuts for doing a TT in December, but on a new bike!?! You are insane.

Good job on producing a good result in spite of the less-than-ideal factors.

Casey Ryback said...

I'm serious... stay outta those tri's...

Boz said...

Not a tri, bro it's a TT. BIG difference. The biggest difference is that you'll NEVER see me wearing a sleeveless jersey with arm warmers. That's VERY normal wear for Tri-geeks.

TT's are just like cyclocross without the beer, mud, and rabid fans just the pain.

Casey Ryback said...

speaking of cyclocross, check out this photo (there are a few in the series):

http://picasaweb.google.com/lori.dierkes/2ndRace#5277261279516295602

Jeff Yielding said...

nice job Craig - can't help but go fast on a nice rig like that!