Sunday, April 15, 2007

What's going on???


Feeling strong???
What do you reckon the gear is on this bad boy? Looks the front chainring is in the neighborhood of a 68T, while the back is something around a 13T. I guess that's ONLY 141 gear inches. Considering I'm running 68 gear inches on my fixed gear, I suppose it's a little strong.... Hello Penrose!
Another day dawns and I've still got the remnants of my weeklong chest cold. I guess I didn't stand much of a chance to ride anyway. I spent Monday & Tuesday in Toronto and Thursday and Friday in NYC. This weekend's attempt at my first mountain bike race at Klondike will need to be postponed. I'm still hacking up parts of my chest and I haven't been on a bike in more than a week.
Paris-Roubaix was run last weekend. The weather for the race was sunny and dry, but it looked like it caused the riders to ride the cobbles in the midst of a dust storm. I love the fact that Stuart O'Grady didn't let a flat tire ruin his shot at the top of the podium for the Hell of the North. Congratulations mate! He seems to be a great guy. How can I tell? Simple fact that he seemed most excited to see his wife and baby at the finish more than being excited by the win itself. Impressive. However, VERSUS' coverage of the event was horrible at best. I'd bet we actually saw less than 10 minutes of racing in a 60 minute show. Oh well, at least it was something.
Ralph "Pfoodman" Pfremmer announced his plans to again serve as a major sponsor for 5th year in a row at the MS150 in Columbia, Missouri. I'm excited by the opportunity to work with Pfoodman and Jerry "Orzie" Orzano in the next few months. Pfoodman will also get the opportunity to pass along some of his training tips and experiences to yours truly. I recently asked him for help in bridging the gap from enthusiast to competitive level cyclist. He's promised me pain and suffering. I am prepared to suffer if it means getting out of my comfort zone and building stronger riding abilities. I'm 42, and I've gotten soft. It's time to take it up a notch. "Most battles are won or lost before the first shot is fired."

No comments: