Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Carbon emissions offset??





Here's the new road bike I'll attempt to race this year. It's the first really nice road bike I've ever owned. I'm shocked by the lightness and stiffness of this bike. I've ridden it for a few hours and it's awesome. I can't wait to get it out for some serious rides. Thanks to the The Cyclery in Edwardsville for the awesome deal and for Mark at Ballwin Cycles for getting the bike dialed in for me.

It came in right around 17# and right now. The bars, stem, and wheels are a little on the heavy side, similar to their pilot. I could easily have the bike coming in right at 16.5# without too much problem, but at my size it ain't going to be the extra bike weight that holds this bike back.

The frame and components are:

Giant TCR Composite frame - large
Dura Ace rear derailleur/cassette (12-25)/brakes/shifters
FSA Carbon Pro crankset (50-36)
FSA front derailleur (compact specific)
Thomson Elite layback seatpost
FSA OS170 stem / FSA Wing Pro alloy bars
Fizik Arione saddle
Chris King hubs 28f/32r / Mavic Open pro rims
Connex 908 chain
Schwalbe Ultremo tires
Speedplay Zero pedals
Bontrager Race Lite bottle cages

3 comments:

MC Stankles said...

thats a pretty sweet ride. your are going to have the bling factor with those King's

Ted C. MacRae said...

Very nice!

Anonymous said...

definitely drool!

rudy