Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Insight

I'm training, resting, and eating very well. I'm not racing road bikes the rest of the year. I'm not racing mountain bikes (with the exception of Burnin') the rest of the year. My next race will be the Hermann Cross Invitational on September 20th. I chased after too many race distractions this year and as a result I didn't have great results at anything, including my personal life. With all due respect to El Cavano, there is still time left for me to lay claim to the year as "my year."

I'm also dealing with some personal issues. While everything in my immediate family is good and all are healthy, I was thrown a major knockdown pitch last week pertaining to my brother. I'm really not prepared to write about it here and those close to me know what's going on. It's very tough to handle. I pray constantly and have asked others to pray for God's grace, mercy, and healing for the situation. While I'm better than I initially was, I'm still in shock. Little things can set me off and I'm reduced to tears. Riding the bike has been a good outlet for the pain of my heart. I simply replace it with pain in my legs or lungs. God will see us through this valley and in Him I put my faith and trust.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Keep the faith.

This is your year!

LC

James Nelson said...

Hang in there. Just ride. Going to Jeff City on 8.30 for the 6 hr?