Thursday, October 30, 2008

New Kicks

I picked up a new pair of mountain bike/cross shoes last week. Richard and Christopher down at Mesa helped me wisely spend my money on the new Shimano SH-M300's.

Truth be told I had heard of the shoes, but was really heading down there to pick up some Specialized shoes. Yes, the Shimanos are pricey (not much more than a pair of Sidi's) but their benefit is the individual customization which comes as a part of a heat-induced, vaccuum molding process.


I've been running my shoes with custom insoles and I have to say the new Shimanos blow them all away. The shoes actually feel comfortable. No hot spots, no tightness in the wrong areas. You slide your foot in, tightening the straps, adjust the buckles click in and ride. No second thoughts of your feet. Very nice all around. The only negative I can recall with this shoe is the actual vaccuum process. It becomes a little uncomfortable due to the force of the vaccuum, however that feeling is temporary and the fit is permanent.

No comments: