Tuesday, May 01, 2007

What do I have to do to put you in this car today?

My family and I tried to purchase a new car last night. My wife wants a new Toyota RAV4. After spending two hours at the dealer (only 30 minutes actually talking with a saleperson) we walked out. Jay Wolfe of West County is very proud of their cars. Just ask them! Want a fair trade in? Forget it. They tried to say our 2003 Grand Caravan needed a new steering rack in it after driving it around the parking lot. Folks this van has 49,000 miles on it and looks new. It's been serviced regularly and was just in the shop for a tune up before we drove to Florida last month. It steers fine and there are no vibrations, knocks, or noises when driving the vehicle.

I hate buying new cars. I hate the games, the stories, the "let me talk to my manager" responses. I simply want to know the price of the car, the value of my trade in, the BOTTOM LINE. State you price and let's all save each other some time. Oh and by the way, charging someone $199 for documentation fees is a complete joke. If I tried to tell a client, thanks for buying a $30,000 investment from me, now that will be $200 for us to send you your paperwork!!! FORGET IT!

No comments: