Monday, August 13, 2007

Sliders are for wimps!



My son, Collin; his friend, Grant; and me enjoying burgers at Cheeburger Cheeburger in Chesterfield for Collin's 10th birthday. Collin and Grant are enjoying the 1/2 pound burgers while yours truly is laying down the truth to a 20 oz. burger! Yes, I had a cherry milkshake and some french fries, to boot!


Cheeburger Cheeburger originally opened in Sanibel Island, Florida roughly 20 years ago. My wife and I ate there several times and loved it. (Perhaps too much.) On a recent return to the island, we took the kids there and while it wasn't in the original shack location, it was still on the island and it was still as good as I remembered. The kids loved it as much as we did on our first visits. Little did I know the restaurant is now franchised and can be found in some 25 odd places throughout the US and as close to home as Chesterfield Mall.


The place is gimmicky, but the burgers are darn good. If you're going to tackle something, give the 20 oz. a shot. I guess after cooking, it's an honest 1 pound burger. Let me say this, it's large and it's tough to eat. However, being a recovering fat guy, I still have some talents.


Besides, if you eat it all they take your picture for the wall of fame (or shame).

No comments: