Saturday, May 03, 2008

Chicago Cubs

In St. Louis it's always been popular to 'hate' the Cubbies. I guess being a fan of baseball, I love all teams who've pulled for their the fans in regardless of their post-season prowess. Besides, the Cards and Cubs rivalry is one of the oldest in baseball and it's as good today as it's ever been. Having said that, you just have to chuckle at some of the Cubbie jokes that have circulated for years. Here a sample of a few:


How do you stop a red hot Cubs team???
Wait until the end of June.

**************

What does a bear on the pill and the World Series have in common?
No Cubs.

**************

A man was at Wrigley Field watching a Cubs game, when he called a security officer over and said, 'Those people are bothering me.' The security officer looked around him at all the well-behaved spectators and said 'Who, sir?' Wearily, the man pointed out to the Cubs players on the field and said 'Them'.

**************

What's the difference between the Cubs and tissue paper?
The Cubs fold easier.

**************

A little boy is walking down the street one day and finds a genie jar. He opens it and out comes a genie.

Genie: I'll give you three wishes.

Boy: I wish for an XBOX 360, and a PSP and....peace in the middle east.

Genie: Where is the middle east little boy?

The boy pull out a map and shows him where the middle east is.

Genie: Uhm, I dont think I can do that little boy. Do you have another wish?

Boy: Well, could you make the Cubs win the World Series?

The genie pauses and then says:

Genie: Lemme see that map of the middle east again.

1 comment:

Pedaldork said...

God love you, but I've always been a Ryne Sandberg and Mark Grace fan. I grew up listening to Harry Carrey. Go Cubbies!!! We didn't have the Diamondbacks back then so now I've got a home team to cheer for but the Cubs will always hold a special place in my heart.

Didn't we buy the NFL Cardinal Franchise from you guys?? Man,,they suck!!! You can have them back :)