Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Gone Fishin'


Today is going to be a beautiful day. I'm skipping work and going fishing with my son. How nice, eh? What a dad, you say? Keep this in mind. Joining us will be the remainder of my son's 4th grade class. All 61 of them! Yep, I'm one of the parent sponsors for the field trip and my job...baiting hooks and removing any fish which may be caught.

Joking aside, my wife is joining me and I'm actually looking forward to spending the day with her, my son, and the kids. Fishing is a great way to pass the time and relax the body. If you're a parent and you've never taken you child(ren) fishing, you're missing a good opportunity to connect with them in God's nature. The goal is never to catch a lot of fish or even your next meal, just relax and have fun. And that is exactly what I intend on doing today.

2 comments:

Pedaldork said...

Boz,

Now youre talkin!!!! Fishing, whether successful or not, is the way to relax. Enjoy your family and the break.

Ted C. MacRae said...

I've had some great times leading my daughter's class on field trips or giving talks (about bugs, of course) to them at school. Kids are great and keep me young - at my age I need all the help I can get!