Sunday, June 08, 2008

All Decked Out

I haven't touched a bike in over a week now. I may ride tomorrow, I may not. I've spent the better part of this week finishing the new deck at my house. It's complete and I'll feature some photos as soon as I find my camera. I spent Friday and Saturday putting in 9+ hours each day and another 4+ hours today getting it completed. I did it all by my lonesome and it's ready to be broken in as soon as we solve one major problem...furniture.

We looked around today for patio furniture but couldn't decide whether or not we wanted an outdoor living room set or a traditional 6 chairs and rectangular table. I'm sort of leaning towards the sofa and chairs with ottomans for the deck. I like the idea of hanging out on the deck in the mornings drinking coffee. Also, we don't eat outside a lot, so this just may make more sense.

As a result of my efforts on the deck in the scorching heat yesterday, I opted to skip the KC Cup MTB race. I really would have loved to go with Pfoodman but it was just too much to ask my tired body. Besides, I have the finishing touches to get done today. There's plenty of summer left and I'll get back on the bike soon enough. That is if I don't find some outdoor furniture that's too comfortable.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

best of both worlds - just put some stationary bikes out there:)

rudy

Pedaldork said...

I want to see pictures!!! I'm all about enjoying quiet time, drinking coffee, on a new deck. Man I wish we lived closer!

Anonymous said...

Pedal dork is totally hitting on you. I am so jealous!

RP

Unknown said...

Go for the living room furniture. We used to have a traditional table and chairs on our patio. Hardly ever used them. A few years ago, we bought new furniture. Comfy, rocking arm chairs and a coffee table. Now, we use our patio a ton.