Thursday, June 26, 2008

Time to Get Dirty



If you're like me, watching that video gets your blood pumping for some racing in the dirt. Tonight is the first installment of Pfoodman's Velo Force dirt crits and I'm bringing back the Gunnar h/t. Mark and Cody at Ballwin Cycles helped yesterday with the finishing touches and she's smoking hot! Crossmax 29'er wheels, white cables, and carbon galore. I've never raced a dirt crit, but I settle that score tonight. No plans, no goals, just riding to have fun!

On another dirt related note, I opted for a Kona Explosif s/s frame. Thanks to one Matt Grothoff (Casey Ryback for the insiders) I was given a deal I couldn't refuse. I figured the sooner I took the deal, the sooner I'd be on the trail learning to snap some wrists with Team Seagal! Hopefully, this is the path to enlightment. If not, it's certainly the path to a "superior attitude and a superior state of mind."

Finally, on the subject of snapped wrists. "Heal well" wishes go out to Mike Gibson for his broken wrists (yes, as in both) and for a damaged hip. Mike suffered 3 breaks in one wrist and 8 breaks in the other. Tough stuff for sure, but if you know Gibson, I'm sure he'll be training while he's recovering. Mike come on out to the dirt crits, I'm sure you can yell from the sidelines and have a beverage or two to kill the pain.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are so gonna love the SS scene.

TeamSeagal said...

Man, you smoked the shit out of my weak-sauce ass tonight at the Short Track.

At one point, I think I heard both my t'aint AND wrist snapping at the same time.

-C. Ryback