Thursday, June 05, 2008

In Case You're Wondering

I'm in the middle of a week off the bike. Maybe it will last longer, maybe it won't. I'm in a good frame of mind for the rest of the year and by no means am I quitting or going back to being a casual rider. Thanks for all the positive comments I've received from friends and teammates. I greatly appreciate the support. However, I am going to make some changes in my approach to racing (what and when) and my life in general. Spend more time living and less time focused on results. I was getting too consumed with the outcomes and less concerned with the journey. (Johan, you were right. I should have listened, but I thought I was immune.)

In the meantime, I'll be perfectly content building the deck at home, dropping another 5+ pounds, and ignoring my bikes like broccoli at dinner. It's been a very good year and I'm going to make it even better.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is your year!

LC