Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Let's Roll

I'm back to riding and having fun. Two nights in the saddle this week and the next few days will include some spinning goodness. Tuesday night I rolled through the 'wood with Mikey Teiber and found time to hammer a few miles and laugh many more. Even found some time to 'yard sale' while jumping a log on the rollercoaster. While I didn't think much of it at the time, the wreck cost me the upper swingarm bolt on my Intense Spider 29 and real pain deep in my shoulder. While nothing seems to be broken, the simple task of lifting my arm causes significant pain. I'm holding off going to the doctor, but will proceed cautiously.

The pain wasn't too bad to pull the road bike out for 90 minutes of spinning in the flats last night. I rode 3 Kaspar loops and then went out with a buddy from work who's just getting into road biking. It's nice to see another person joining our ranks and asking more questions than a 3-year-old.

I've also talked with Gibbs and we seem to have a good training plan for the second half of the season. I look forward to getting more miles in the legs and smiling a lot more while doing it. For the rest of the year, I'll be focusing more on the mtb and then the 'cross season in the fall. Til then, let's roll.

2 comments:

TeamSeagal said...

So does that mean you'll be at our Chubb Challenge technical fun time happy ride on Sunday? (Hint: the correct answer is yes)

-C. Ryback

Living a Lie said...

Back in the saddle again! There is alot more MTB racing left before cross season starts. Ill see you out there