Monday, January 19, 2009

And the Award Goes to

Acromioclavicular Joint Sprain.

Doctor called this afternoon to say it was a sprain of my Acromioclavicular Joint or AC sprain. The severity isn't high, so the treatment is with pain meds and physical therapy. The plan is to keep the range of motion high and work through some of the pain. I'm okay with that I guess. Albeit that's what I've been trying to do to some extent and at times it feels at though my arm is moving out of socket. That pain is intense and very similar to the pain from the accident. Since no further damage should incur, I suppose it's time to harden up, grit my teeth, and push for the line. Overall she thinks I should be able to get back on the bike for some light riding in the next couple of weeks and resume regular riding sometime in February.

Thanks again for all the prayers and well wishes.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Big sigh of relief.

Great news, Boz. Nothing permanent and about as well-timed as you can get for injury and recuperation. You'll be back on the bike in no time and riding strong when it counts.

Zak said...

I will pray for you bud,

rode Blue ribbon yestertag, and it's no wonder you crashed, that was some serious stuff, I know I would have crashed if I didn't keep my head up.