Friday, January 30, 2009

PS3 and Call of Duty

Okay, I bought this Playstation 3 for the Blu-ray player, but my 11 year old son tells me about Call of Duty and how you can play online. (He already has the game on his Xbox360, but hasn't been playing it online.) I agree to spend $60 for the game and now I'm hooked on it. It's a first person shooter game, but the objective is to run around and destroy the enemy. In short, it's what we did for hours at a time as kids in my neighborhood. If you get 'shot' you were to lie on the ground, slowly count to 10, and then re-join the game. Same premise here. If you get shot, you respawn and then look for the guy who nailed you and even the score.

All in all, I can pass at least 30 minutes playing the game before I realize it. I'm not hooked on the idea of beating the other players as much as I am at beating my dexterity which seems to hold me back. Fun stuff. Maybe this would be a good carrot to get me back on the trainer??

3 comments:

Unit said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Those games can be addictive. I doubt that I could play and ride though...I would end up pedaling a cadence of about 40 with a very leisurely wattage (but my HR would be in the threshold range).

Whatever gets you back on the bike though!

El Cavano said...

I advise strongly against trying this while on the rollers.

LC