Friday, March 07, 2008

Phat!

I'm now officially under 200 pounds. I weighed in this morning at 197 pounds and have been under 200 for most of this week. With the fluctuations in weight based on water retention, I delayed my joy until today, my rest day.

To give you some frames of reference here are a few heights/weights and waist sizes:

Graduated high school (25 years ago): 32 waist - 165 pounds/6'
Sophomore college: 36 waist - 200 pounds/6'2"
30th birthday: 38 waist - 225 pounds/6'2"
37th birthday: 42 waist - 260 pounds/6'2" (YIKES!!)
40th birthday: 40 waist - 245 pounds/6'2"
November 2007: 38 waist - 223 pounds/6'2"
Today: 34 waist - 197 pounds/6'2"

The other key thing to note here is that I've added considerable muscle in my legs and arms and without that, I think my weight would be a few pounds lower. God has given me a renewed life focus and getting into better shape and trying to be a good example for others is my thanksgiving to Him. It's been a tough journey and I'm not done yet. The last 10-15 pounds may be the hardest, but with God's help, I'll get there.

I also must thank my wife and children for being very encouraging and supportive during this time. My wife is amazing in her efforts to always have healthy food prepared for us and available as the first and second choices in the house. She's also a fantastic role model for me and the kids by working very hard on her exercise regimen. Our children have already started to follow suit by getting on the treadmill or exercising without being prompted by either of us. Thanks be to God for that!

5 comments:

Pedaldork said...

4 inches in 4 months!! Man you are having an amazing year. I'm super impressed and inspired. Sounds like you have an awesome family behind you as well. Keep up the hard work.

MC Stankles said...

thats awesome dude! i went through the same thing last year and i felt great. Its going to help out in those sport races. By the way nice job at St.Joes! that coarse was brutal.

Justin P said...

Congrats, you really inspire me to do the same and i keep saying next week next week, well it is now thanks Boz. Te hard part is keeping it

Rich K said...

Those are some outrageous numbers!!! That's awesome, keep it up??? It's always good to hear about these stories and great job at St. Joe to you to!!!

TeamSeagal said...

At this rate, you had better be careful - you don't want to end up as some fruity male runway model, 6'2", 120 lbs, 24" waist...

"I'm soooo fat..."

-C. Ryback