Tuesday, September 09, 2008

Have Barriers, Have Entry

Just completed cutting and fitting the PVC for my new cyclocross barriers. Got the idea from Mud & Cowbells but I made a few modifications of my own. I built 4 barriers so that will give me a couple of spares in the event someone (namely me) heavy foots a crossing. I used the following pieces:

PVC Corner








PVC Tee






I used 10' lengths of 3/4" PVC pipe. I cut the legs 20" long placed them in the PVC corner. I cut two 4' cross members and inserted one end in the PVC Corner and then joined each of them in the center via the PVC Tee. I inserted a 14" leg in the PVC Tee and viola, barriers. Overall, they are just over 8' long and 15.75" high. I'll take some pictures of them at one of the upcoming Queeny Park practices and post it up. For now, it's time for a little HUP, HUP.

1 comment:

Living a Lie said...

NICE! I will have to come and check those out tomorrown night.