Tuesday, September 02, 2008

Time for Practice

Yesterday, I took the cross bike to Queeny Park for some practice on last year's cx course. With the exception of the short, steep uphill section above the parking lot, I was able to run the entire course weed-free several times. After 40 minutes of course loops, I worked my way over to the Dog Museum side of the park to do some hill run-ups. I figured the hill would be the closest thing to the 61 steps we'll be running at Hermann. I did 3 run ups and I'm sure people walking through the park were trying to figure out why a middle aged man was running a perfectly good (and ultra sexy) bike on his shoulder up a very steep hill. Afterwards, I took a lap around the park to cool down a little and then headed for home just across the street. All in all a great workout and the only thing missing was my ability to practice my barrier crossings. However, thanks to Greg at Mud & Cowbells I'm going to be building myself a nice set of portable barriers for practice.

2 comments:

James Nelson said...

That sure is one nice ride. The white will really look good when you cover it with mudd. I think you have mine beat by a few pounds. Is that the same one you ran at the dirt crit? Or do you now have two? I'll be limited on cross action until Oct 25th. Then I'm in for sure.
Just a thought for you. Cross nationals are in KC. SS race is Sunday AM before the pros. Just saying...if you go to watch them you might want to race. Put cross tires on your SS and go for it.

Boz said...

Same ride. Just repainted. I'm using this frame until I can find a scandium or carbon frame. Everything else is new and ready to rock!