Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Made the Leap

Took the plunge and finally upgraded the road bikes to SRAM Force 10-speed. I was probably the only guy left in the Lou running Dura-Ace 9-speed stuff, but once I started having problems with one of the bikes, I figured it was time to replace all of it. The bad news is that I never lost a neutral wheel to someone during a race but I guess that's about to change. The good news is the SRAM stuff rocks. Technically, I made the leap to SRAM two years ago on my mountain bikes, but the double-tap technology on the road bikes just works and works really, really well. Learning to shift the SRAM way took me every bit of 500 feet. Now the only question I ask myself is "why didn't I do this sooner?" Which reminds me, I'll need to start looking more closely for my wheels after races.

3 comments:

MC Stankles said...

The SRAM Stuff rocks! Are you running it on your cross bike too?

Boz said...

just on the road bikes for now. may upgrade the cross bike next year.

Casey Ryback said...

I'm still running D/A 9sp on my road bike - runs like a champ 'cept that you can't get D/A 9 shift levers anymore!