Monday, November 03, 2008

Great Deal My Butt!

October 10th of last year our old dishwasher shot craps. I trudged out to Lowes in search of a replacement. Much to my delight they had a KitchenAid unit that originally sold for $1200 on closeout for $739. This was a beautiful stainless steel unit that had every bell and whistle and the only reason it was deeply discounted was because it was a display model and the store was in the process of updating the old models with the new one. Everything was included (manuals, hook-ups, etc) and it carried a full warranty.

The unit sucked. It never cleaned well and my wife complained the entire time we owned it. To top it all off, I just discovered it's been leaking from under the motor for most likely the last week or so. I pulled the unit out tonight and it's sitting in the garage awaiting the trash pick-up. The 1 year parts and labor warranty ran out 20 days ago and now we're left with the parts are covered but not the labor. I don't have the time or inclination to put up with the pains of calling, scheduling service, and dealing with what's going to go wrong next with this lemon. I'm chalking it up to I should have known better. Tomorrow, I'll pick up a new unit and then I'll be installing it or I'll be doing the dishes like I did tonight. Trust me, if it's too good to be true...it is.

8 comments:

Justin P said...

miele dishwasher. We have had ours for 9 years without a problem. My mom loves it.

Anonymous said...

a new level of suck has been achieved with this blog entry.

Your buddy AGGRO.

Boz said...

dammitkate.blogspot.com - The only sucking going on is the black hole that was created by the loss of the above blog. Get you soft butt in shape so we can ride again.

Anonymous said...

ignored the doctors and rode klondike all day friday. im running at least 5k a night and riding a few times a week.

the milstadt biathlon will be mine!

p.s. I am still morbidly obese though. (but way cooler than Justin)

Brokeback jo

Casey Ryback said...

I've always kept my dishwasher fed with tacos and burritos, and haven't had any problems...

Sometimes Robort will fill in, but I have to feed him men in order to keep my dishes spot-free.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like my Kitchen Aid story..it was an overpriced piece o' crap also. finally, got smart and bought the cheapest most reliable unit for around $400. consumerreports.com babbyyy!

good to hear from Aggro..

Anonymous said...

Sounds like my Kitchen Aid story..it was an overpriced piece o' crap also. finally, got smart and bought the cheapest most reliable unit for around $400. consumerreports.com babbyyy!

good to hear from Aggro..

Dennis

Anonymous said...

Stay clear of Bosch.

LC