Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Who's Side You On?

For me, the answer to this question is a simple one. Always has been. I'm on God's side.

God has always been a part of my life. Notice I say "part". Why do I say "part" and not "whole." I'm a sinner. I'll always be a sinner. Sin is what works to separate me from God. Sin wants me in a full-time relationship. But so does God. Guess what? In the end God wins. Sin loses. Therefore, the choice to me is a simple one. I don't need to question it and I don't desire scientific proof (even though I love scientific studies.) Faith. Pure and simple. I pray and work hard each day to make God more than a part of my life. Faith is what I can control.

Consider this, Romans 3:23-24 says, "for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God and are justified freely by his grace through the redemption that came by Jesus Christ." It's simple for me. During the race this past Sunday, I put this verse on my bike and read it several times during the race. The verse was Psalm 119:50 "My comfort in my suffering is this: Your promise preserves my life." God promises us an eternal life in heaven by accepting his son, Jesus Christ, as our personal savior.

Who's side you on?

No comments: