Sunday, November 23, 2008

Suson Bubba - quick recap



Notice the different bikes in the above pictures??? (Thanks to Mike D. for the pics)

Don't ever race a new bike in a race. Lesson learned. First lap, don't know if someone ran into my rear derailleur on the start or the bike decided to begin mis-shifting all of a sudden, but within 100' of the starting line my bike wouldn't stay in any gear. As a result, I was off the back and almost a half-lap down by the end of the first lap. Luckily, I did have a spare bike in the pits and jumped on it and began my chase. I was able to chase down 13 racers by the end of the race, which I consider a personal victory.

The fans on the hillside were a tremendous boost for me, too. El Cavano, Slick Willy, and of course Team Seagal. My favorite chant of the day...."Welcome to Hell!"

No comments: