Monday, September 17, 2007

Oh, and while I've got the microphone...



Let me turn this into my little political soapbox full of incoherent babble and blasphemy. Congratulations on your award! Please go backstage, pose for your photo, return to your seat, and refrain from further commentary.

I intended to watch the Emmys, not a show featuring the personal viewpoints of entertainers. If I wanted to watch that I would have tuned in last week to our president's state of the union address. Besides, it was quite evident to me Sally attempted to rehearse her speech and planned on it's topic ahead of time. Take a cue from some of your lesser known actors and next time speak from your heart. Sounds a little more genuine to my ears.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am so glad that I am baffled by most pop culture and current events references. The de-evolution of society began the minute the credit began rolling at the end of Pretty in Pink. since then, its all been a stew of mediocrity......