Friday, November 23, 2007

Black Friday

When Black Friday comes
I'll collect everything I'm owed
And before my friends find out
I'll be on the road
When Black Friday falls
you know it's got to be
Don't let it fall on me
(Black Friday - Steely Dan)

After a less than successful morning several years ago, I said I'd never again participate in Black Friday shopping. Against my wishes, I decided to give it try again this year. I was pursuing an Xbox 360 / Guitar Hero II package, as well as an MP3 player, for my 10 year old son. Best Buy had the deal ($150 total savings) and they were opening at 5:00am. I awoke at 4:00am, dressed, and headed out for coffee and the bedlum of Black Friday.

Since my kids may read this post, let me say I was... Ha, ha, ha. You'll have to wait until Christmas to see if Dad was successful or whether or not Black Friday is on the permanent "Black List."

No comments: