Friday, November 09, 2007

Cherry Pie

Yesterday was my 43rd birthday, and perhaps it was one of the best. Why? Cherry Pie instead of cake! I love cherry pie and based on a casual comment I made a couple of weeks ago, my wife baked me a cherry pie! Jennifer is a great cook, but hasn't spent much time baking pies. In fact, I can't recall the last time she ever made a pie. I'm not sure if she has been taking pie-cooking classes on the side or perhaps moonlighting as a pastry cook, but she knocked the ball out of the park with an awesome cherry pie!

Following dinner, I ate a monster slice (still a little warm) with vanilla ice cream. I could have devoured that pie. No dessert is better in my opinion. Creme brulee, meh? Chocolate, please, how boring. Besides, aren't cherries good for you??? Antioxidants, vitamin C, or something?

As I was making my oatmeal for breakfast this morning, I saw the pie sitting there and thought perhaps pie for breakfast was okay. I mean, cmon, my birthday was yesterday and it's my pie, so why can't I have some for breakfast? I decided to stick to the oatmeal. Hey, wait a minute....where's that pie??? Gotta go!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Warrant was a pretty cool hair band.

Happy belated b-day ninja

MC Stankles said...

Pie for breakfast is good as long as it inst race day. Happy B-day man!