Monday, November 05, 2007

Time ain't on my side


It's just the beginning of November and I already feel like the year will be over in the blink of an eye. As I look over my calendar for the next few weeks, I do see a lot of travel and very little riding between now and Thanksgiving. Well, it's the off-season, so what's the big deal? Well, if you're attempting to race 'cross like I have been, surviving a race on the training you've put in from the mountain biking season can be a little tough. To me, it feels a little bit like holding a greased rope. This time of year, I'm lucky to get 2-3 days a week on the bike. I'm seriously considering shelving the 'cross season for sake of a little sanity. I'm also missing just riding the bike without an agenda or objective other than to goof off with your buddies. I'll ponder my options, but just in case, I'll ask Aggro to keep a spot open for me on the 11/17 Trifecta ride.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

you are more than invited, you are REQUIRED to show up.

'eff that cross garbage. you are going to ruin next season if you dont chill out. Froze toes is in Feb,Hillsboro is in March as is the first MTB race of the year (rim wrecker). time to step up hombre.

see you on the 17th