Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Pwned!!


The current day "medieval torture device." Tonight, Mr. Kinetic strung me out like clothes on a line, and I loved every minute of it. Well, maybe not every minute of it, but I do understand that training hard requires suffering and acclimating your body to the pain and discomfort that forces other people to stop pedaling and give up. It's easy to say your going to work through the pain, but much harder to actually do it. I'm trying to work through the threshold. Now I know what Pfoodman (http://www.theralphaccount.blogspot.com) meant when he once told me he never wanted his fitness to get below the level wherein he'd have to repeat the base required to compete at higher racing levels.

Sunday is done and in the books and means absolutely nothing when I get back on the bike. The next race isn't handicapped by our past results.

No comments: