Monday, February 18, 2008

An Unfair Advantage???

If you know me, you know I'm a sucker for bike bling. Mall-cruising, credit-card laden, rich-people-wanna-be teenagers have nothing on me. If it catches my eye, it's going to end up on one of my bikes. Some of my acquisitions help, most don't. Some cost a lot of money, others are throw-aways. However, on Sunday, I fixed my mind on something new.

Listening to our Pastor's sermon on Sunday I was convicted by the simple message being communicated to our congregation. Trust God. Why? His power is immeasurable and His grace is unbelievable. He can be the source of your renewal. Our strength. As I let these thoughts seep into my thick brain, I felt like God can be a source of power for me in my times of weakness while I'm on the bike. I decided I was going to take a short bible verse and tape it to my top tube during every race this year. God's words will be my new racing bling for this year. In Him I will trust and in Him I will renew my strength.

Here's the verse for this weekend's race:

Isaiah 40:31
but those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength.

No comments: