Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Race Prep

Last week, I started a new process of taping a bible verse to my bike for inspiration during a race. Here's the verse I included last week:

Isaiah 40:31
but those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength.

I put my trust in the Lord and prayed before the race for safety and courage to ride with my best efforts and the Lord blessed me. I prayed immediately after crossing the line as thanksgiving to Him and for safety and healing of the riders involved in the crashes.

This week's verse is:

1 Chronicles 16:11
Look to the Lord and his strength; seek his face always.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good verses. We do this whhenever we race as a team at 24 hour events, etc. Let's do it all the time.

Favorite racing Bible verses:
Psalm 121:1-2 I lift up my eyes to the hills, where does my help come from? My help comes from the LORD, the maker of heaven and earth (this is the climbing verse).

Psalm 91:11-12 For he will command his angels concerning you to guard you in all your ways; they will lift you up in their hands, so that you will not strike your foot against a stone (this is the anti-injury verse).

Isaiah 40:31 Those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint (this is the anti-bonk verse).

Romans 10:9 If you confess with your mouth, "Jesus is Lord," and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved (use this one when you think you're gonna die).