Thursday, April 10, 2008

A Good Ride

Yesterday called for 2 hours of easy spinning. The weather was still cooperating, so I gave Mark Ewers a call and arranged a 4pm start time in the valley. The plan was to ride along the new Monarch Levee trail and then head over for a few 'Kaspar loops' on the business park side of the valley. If you're wondering what the Kaspar loops are, read this blog courtesy of a buddy, Pfoodman. (Did I just break the record for the most hyperlinks in a single paragraph??)

Surprisingly, the weather cooperated for the entire ride. With the exception of freshening winds, we were able to complete 2 hours of riding and even get in a few spirited efforts (making up for my shortened workout from Tuesday night.) As we did the 'Kaspar' loops, we would take turns pulling into the wind. As we rolled around we got to talk a lot and catch up on things. I got to ask a lot of questions about wattages, TT bikes, and training while Mark obliged me and answered all of them with his polite, friendly manner.

In all my training efforts this year, I haven't had too many rides like last night's. The perfect combination of effort, mileage, weather, and companionship. A Good Ride!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

... polite and friendly ...
You were obviously riding strong, so I figured if I stayed on your good side you wouldn't mind coming around me when I slowed to a crawl into the wind. My ploy worked perfectly.

Seriously, good ride and most enjoyable. Just what I needed yesterday.

Pedaldork said...

These rides seem few and far between but they are awesome when they happen. It's these kinds of rides that really remind you why riding is such a pleasure. Hope the weather stays nice. Have you started the commute yet? I'm still using work as an excuse but I'm going to figure something out over the weekend.