Sunday, April 20, 2008

What's Worse?

The Paris-Roubaix was held on April 13th but wasn't being shown on Versus until today. I did everything I could to avoid learning who won, what happened, how was the weather, everything. I succeeded. I knew nothing, I mean nothing about the outcome. However, to make things worse, I also knew nothing about when it was coming on Versus today. I assumed it was coming on at 4pm today. WRONG-O. As my luck would have it, coverage started at 2pm and I turned on the TV just in time to see the last 3 minutes of wrap-up.

Is stupidity a valid excuse?

Feels a little bit like battling your way back onto the lead group only to have them make another acceleration and drop you as reward for your effort.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Three letters: PVR

Let the automatons handle the little things like remembering when to tune in (and record) your show. The computer is your friend, my friend.

TeamSeagal said...

I have the whole thing recorded on my DVR, though I'm not sure how to burn it, if it is even possible. i've gotta ask my roommate, as it is his equipment. If so, I could burn you a copy - crashes galore!

-C. Ryback